We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to work closely with our users and prospects, understand their challenges, and ship things quickly to test & learn. You will develop new features quickly, so we can push them to our users, get feedback, and understand what we need to build next. You should be biased towards pace and experimentation and excited about solving the big challenges in healthcare.
Isla is an Angular app deployed to Firebase, supported by Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub and Docker via Cloud Run. Connectivity with our clients is handled via the Google Healthcare API, in addition to private VPC access via the NHS HSCN network.
Who We Are
We are a small, growing team dedicated to improving healthcare. We are ambitious, customer focussed, and driven by the impact we are having in healthcare. We’re also a very early stage and well funded startup, which brings a level of uncertainty, but also brings agility and growth opportunities unlike anywhere else.
As we begin to build our Engineering team, you will shape the way the early platform is developed. You will work directly with our other Engineers and Founders to ensure you’re developing professionally, as well as happy, motivated, and understand the wider business & health context that we are working in. The people around you will be super smart and motivated, and expect a lot from you. That will be exciting for you.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute to Product strategy
- Design and build the platform that will allow our clients to look after their patients
- Interact directly with the users you are building for, to understand their challenges and deliver what they need
- Encourage and introduce engineering best practices
- Manage all of our cloud infrastructure, VMs and networking requirements, to ensure that we can scalably interact with NHS systems
- You’re a proactive Engineer who enjoys collaborating with all areas of the business and our customers directly
- Professional experience as a Senior Developer
- Hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Node.js, Typescript
- Solid understanding of VPCs, subnets, private VPNs
- VM management
- CI, infrastructure as code
- Experience integrating with a variety of APIs, e.g. REST & SOAP
- Passionate about solving complex problems in a team of brilliant people
- Flexible working location and timings (the job is posted as remote, but we have an office in London)
- Equity options for everyone
- An early engineer at a revenue growth and rapidly growing start up, solving a global problem
- Deliver social impact through improved patient healthcare
- Monthly team meals out
- Day off for your birthday!
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- Fortnightly learning time to brush up on anything you want