We are looking for a Product Manager to scope and define how we utilise the data we’re collecting to inform clinical decisions. Isla is being used across multiple NHS Trusts to capture a series of surgical wound images after the patient is discharged to allow clinical staff to detect any signs of infection as soon as possible. This role will cover the end to end of product definition, data management and delivery working closely with our Machine Learning developers to automate the clinical process as safely as possible. You will be the first Product Manager on the team and will shape the way the early platform is developed. You will work directly with our Engineers and Founders to ensure you’re developing professionally, as well as happy, motivated, and understand the wider business & health context that we are working in.
Isla is an Angular app deployed to Firebase, supported by Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub and Docker via Cloud Run. Connectivity with our clients is handled via the Google Healthcare API, in addition to private VPC access via the NHS HSCN network.
Who We Are
We are a small, growing team dedicated to improving healthcare. We are ambitious, customer focussed, and driven by the impact we are having in healthcare. We’re also a very early stage and well funded startup, which brings a level of uncertainty, but also brings agility and growth opportunities unlike anywhere else.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Define our whole Product strategy with respect to ML and research
- Interact directly with the users you are building for, to understand their challenges and deliver what they need, mapping the technical complexities to an intuitive UI
- Manage clinical and regulatory governance as we launch into the ML space
- Measure the accuracy of ML models deployed into production and collect user feedback to iterate on early models
- Define the growth of the Product function at Isla and the process we will need to have in place as we grow
- You’re a proactive person who enjoys collaborating with all areas of the business and our customers directly
- Passionate about solving complex problems in a team of brilliant people
- You understand the fundamental requirements behind Machine Learning models, ideally with experience in working with ML teams in the past
- You’re eager to understand and manage the complex healthcare landscape of clinical, management regulatory, and technical stakeholders
- Flexible working location and timings (the job is posted as remote, but we have an office in London)
- Equity options for everyone
- An early employee at a revenue growth and rapidly growing start up, solving a global problem
- Deliver social impact through improved patient healthcare
- Monthly team meals out
- Day off for your birthday!
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- Fortnightly learning time to brush up on anything you want