We are looking for an ML Analyst to utilise the data we’re collecting to inform clinical decisions. Isla is being used across multiple NHS Trusts to capture a series of surgical wound images after the patient is discharged to allow clinical staff to detect any signs of infection as soon as possible. This role will define and build the data pipeline and models to automatically detect these early signs of infection; keeping patients safe at home after surgery in a scalable way. You will work directly with our Engineers and Founders to ensure you’re developing professionally, as well as happy, motivated, and understand the wider business & health context that we are working in. You’ll be the first in a growing ML team so will have the freedom to scope our strategy for ML going forwards, from tech to team.
Isla is an Angular app deployed to Firebase, supported by Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub and Docker via Cloud Run. Connectivity with our clients is handled via the Google Healthcare API, in addition to private VPC access via the NHS HSCN network.
Who We Are
We are a small, growing team dedicated to improving healthcare. We are ambitious, customer focussed, and driven by the impact we are having in healthcare. We’re also a very early stage and well funded startup, which brings a level of uncertainty, but also brings agility and growth opportunities unlike anywhere else.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Work in a cross-functional team to design, build, test and ship products to identify patient deterioration and ill-health
- Work closely with our Product team to research and develop ML models to production
- Design and implement efficient pre-processing steps around digital images
- Define the use cases most suited to ML and our strategy for approaching them
- Provide technical guidance, support and advice to other engineers at Isla
- Good knowledge and experience with Python
- Familiarity with scientific libraries and frameworks such as Pillow, PyAV, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit Learn, OpenCV
- Experienced in developing, deploying and operating ML models in production
- Capable with testing frameworks, such as PyTest
- Experience with dependency management tools like Pip, Conda, Pipenv, Poetry
- You’re enthusiastic and technically curious about ML technologies
- Keen to take ownership for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- Upholding and promotion of good practices in code design, quality and security
- Passion for optimisation of highly parallel and CPU bound distributed workloads
- Flexible working location and timings (the job is posted as remote, but we have an office in London)
- Equity options for everyone
- An early engineer at a revenue growth and rapidly growing start up, solving a global problem
- Deliver social impact through improved patient healthcare
- Monthly team meals out
- Day off for your birthday!
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- Fortnightly learning time to brush up on anything you want