We are looking for a Software Developer, early in their career, to bring continuity to our “rapid response” team. You will be working directly with our client facing teams to implement their change requests and enhancements into the Isla platform, with increasing feature scope as you grow with the company.
Who We Are
Isla is building the visual component to the healthcare record. We provide clinicians with the platform they need to receive, review and store images and videos directly from patients. This provides valuable clinical context for decision-making whilst delivering convenient care for patients, empowering clinical teams to deliver responsive care with fewer appointments. The Isla platform is intuitive, endlessly scalable, and approved by NHS Digital as a cloud storage solution.
We are a small, growing team dedicated to improving healthcare. We are ambitious, customer focused, and driven by the impact we are having in healthcare. We’re also a very early stage and well funded startup, which brings a level of uncertainty, but also brings agility and growth opportunities unlike anywhere else.
As we begin to build our Engineering team, you will play a key part in delighting our clinical users through providing rapid enhancements to the platform and giving them the power to change the platform as they require. You will work directly with our other Engineers and Founders to ensure you’re developing professionally, as well as happy, motivated, and understand the wider business & health context that we are working in. The people around you will be super smart and motivated, and expect a lot from you. That will be exciting for you.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute to Product strategy
- Design and build the platform that will allow our clients to look after their patients
- Interact directly with the users you are building for, to understand their challenges and deliver what they need
- You’re a proactive Engineer who enjoys collaborating with all areas of the business and our customers directly
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience as a Developer
- Preferable experience with any of Typescript, Angular and Google Cloud Platform & Firestore
- A basic understanding of unit testing with Jest
- Passionate about solving complex problems in a team of brilliant people
- A keen focus on quality, and personal ownership of the work that you do
- Solid understanding of git
🏡 Work from home or at our office in Camden 🏢
🕜 Flexible working times
🏖 25 days annual leave (on top of bank holidays)
🎂 Take your birthday off
🎄 Take Christmas Eve off
🎉 Enhanced parental leave
🍜 Treat your friends or family to a meal each quarter (up to £75)
🏃🏽♀️ A monthly wellbeing allowance (£50 per month to spend on gym membership or wellbeing activities)
🎳 Quarterly team socials and a meal out
📚 A learning day every month and we’ll buy you a book or course each time
📈 Equity options available
💗 Delivering social impact through improved patient healthcare
💡 Working at a well funded and rapidly growing start up, solving a global problem in a new way
🎇A whole lot of fun on an exciting journey
Flexible, however you must be able to travel to London every few months for team working sessions.