We are looking for a talented Business Development Lead to join Isla as an early member of the Sales team. Your role will be to own the sales process across all stages of the pipeline. You will need to have the skills to build a robust process for helping people to discover Isla right through to the detailed scoping of a customer’s needs.
Isla has been scaling quickly within the NHS and there is significant potential for further adoption, these organisations are large and highly complex and as such our sales processes must be flexible and supportive.
The ideal candidate for this role will be ambitious and motivated, able to build great relationships across many parts of an organisation and analytical in your approach to ensure that the solutions being put in place are the right ones.
Who We Are
Isla is building the visual component to the healthcare record. We provide clinicians with the platform they need to receive, review and store images and videos directly from patients. This provides valuable clinical context for decision-making whilst delivering convenient care for patients, empowering clinical teams to deliver responsive care with fewer appointments. The Isla platform is intuitive, endlessly scalable, and approved by NHS Digital as a cloud storage solution.
We are a small, growing team dedicated to improving healthcare. We are ambitious, customer focused, and driven by the impact we are having in healthcare. We’re also a very early stage and well funded startup, which brings a level of uncertainty, but also brings agility and growth opportunities unlike anywhere else.
As we begin to build the Sales team you will be working closely with Isla’s Technical Programme Managers who are supporting the project management and delivery of the Isla platform within a client’s organisation. As the business is at an early stage you will be reporting directly to one of the cofounders to ensure you’re developing professionally, are happy and motivated as well as being exposed to the wider business & health context that we are working in. The people around you will be high performing and will expect a lot from you.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Establish a repeatable process for generating leads into the business
- Contact prospects via phone and emails
- Work with potential clients to understand their needs and whether we are well positioned to meet them
- Work with the product team to constantly develop and strengthen the platform
- Input actively into company strategy and steer key decisions
- Explore new market opportunities
- Proactively build your network within healthcare
- Run product demos and map out next steps with prospects
- Enthusiasm, passion, energy and the desire to make positive change
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar
- Track record of high performance
- Evidence of an analytical approach
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
🏡 Work from home or at our office in Camden 🏢
🕜 Flexible working times
🏖️ 25 days annual leave (on top of bank holidays)
🎂 Take your birthday off
🎄 Take Christmas Eve off too
🎉 Enhanced parental leave
🍜 Treat your friends or family to a meal each quarter (up to £75)
🏃🏽♀️ A monthly wellbeing allowance (£50 per month to spend on gym membership or wellbeing activities)
🎳 Quarterly team socials and a meal out
📚 A learning day every other month and we’ll buy you a book or course each time
📈 Equity options available
💗 Delivering social impact through improved patient healthcare
💡 Working at a well funded and rapidly growing start up, solving a global problem in a new way
🎇A whole lot of fun on an exciting journey